Tuesday, July 18, 2017

A Little Update (7/18/17)

Hello, everyone! I hope your summer is going splendidly. We got back from our week-long vacation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina last Friday and we're still trying to get back into a normal routine. Summers are pretty relaxed for us, in that we don't really have a schedule or anything like that, so it's not hard to do. I started working at an amusement park in late April (don't get worried! I don't run the rides, so they're perfectly safe), and I work around 3 days a week; I'm also trying to start up a business selling t-shirts with designs that I've made, so that's fun. I'm pretty excited to see where this new venture will lead. :)

I've also had a newly awakened desire to memorize Bible passages and read and learn more. I don't know that I've ever been this excited about the Word of God, and I really, really like it. I don't want this new fervor to go away. I want it be bubbling and overflowing out of me, all the time and everywhere! I want everyone to have this gift that God's given me!


That's not to say I don't have to bite my tongue at work sometimes to keep from complaining, or that I talk about Jesus every chance I get (although I wish I did!). I still cringe and want to cover my ears with all the foul language I hear and inappropriate references and trashy music that they play on the bus on the way to work. Sometimes I have weird health problems and I get sick and I don't trust God the way I should.


But I'm learning.  I really, really am learning. I feel like I'm growing so much as a person, and although I know I'm not ready quite yet to become a full-fledged adult yet, I'm getting there. I'm having dreams for my future and I'm drawn a certain direction for the coming years, and I'm so unbelievably excited because I've found a passion, something I love - and why shouldn't I pursue it?


So look out world, 'cause I'm going make some pretty crazy mistakes along the way!

1 comment:

  1. Tough questions usually have satisfying answers, and crazy mistakes tend to have crazy lessons learned from them that build us closer to what God planned us to. You're in my prayers, Lissie. God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete