Saturday, March 25, 2017

Recent Projects (3/24/17)

 I started thinking lately: I haven't embroidered anything in years. That would probably be fun (as long as I don't quit on it and have another unfinished project for my stack). ;)



 So here is the result of that thinking! I started it 4 days ago and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I used one of the designs I made a few months ago and found a verse I wanted to go with it. One thing I'll have to remember for next time though, is to only use two strands of embroidery floss instead of three. Three just makes the stitches too thick. It probably would have been easier, too, if I had picked a different font to stitch it in; the one I chose looked alright when printed, but when stitched, it looks a little childish - not that I mind. Just something I'll have to remember for next time. :)
 Instead of hemming it, I'll probably ask my grandma to serge it for me (since she has a serging machine) the next time I see her.

 I've also started up my work again on some yellow squares I started crocheting awhile back. After I make enough, I'll turn them into a sunny, cheerful blanket - what I'll do with the blanket, I'm not sure yet. 

  
And although I've had a metal stamping kit for a long time, I haven't used it much at all, so I went outside to catch some fresh air and I tried it out again. The only thing about making these is I have a hard time getting the stamps not to slide when I hit them with the hammer (which is why the 4 at the end of the "Est." circle is more of a blurry cacophony), but maybe the more I do it, the easier it will become.

 Any suggestions on what sort of projects I should attempt to tackle next are completely welcome. I'm trying to grow more as a person, as I've mentioned before - become more well-rounded in my skills set - and although I love doing crafty things, I'm already half-decent at them and am looking forward to trying other kinds of projects as well. I'd love to know what some of your favourite hobbies are. :)

8 comments:

  1. Your projects both look super cute. :)I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline (with a Q)March 29, 2017 at 5:29 PM

    If you embroider cursive it's pretty easy, plus less knot tying! Try quilting, making the block is so fun, and the quilting is relaxing once you get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I was afraid it might be more difficult to try it in cursive, but I'll keep that in mind for next time. :)
      I thought it would be fun to do quilting again, but my machine doesn't work (that is, I don't know how to work it), so I'd have to do it by hand, and I'm just not very good at long-term projects. :P :)

      Delete
    2. Madeline (with a Q)March 30, 2017 at 3:10 PM

      We should set up a time for you to bring your machine over and maybe I can help you figure it out! I'm not the best but I'd like to think I know a thing or two!

      Delete
    3. That might be difficult, since it's one of those built-into-a-table ones. :P :)

      Delete
    4. Madeline (with a Q)April 8, 2017 at 7:27 PM

      Lol! I see how that could be an issue! How about I bring mine over?

      Delete