Friday, February 3, 2017

Born Ready (2/3/17)

Next week (starting Monday), I have the pleasure of being in an incredible production of the Bible story of Esther and of how God rescued his people through her obedience and faith in Him. It's one of my favourite stories, and I'm so excited to be a part of it... the Academy of Arts is giving us such a great opportunity by coming to our hometown and helping us put it on.

But now and then, I wonder: what if I'm not ready? Do I really have my lines down as well as I ought? What if I can't remember the blocking that they're going to teach me? What if I let everyone down? My self-doubt kicks in, and it used to be pretty hard to brush off... but not anymore. I have learned what it is to put one's faith and trust in God, and to leave all worries or anxieties that gnaw at me behind me. They serve no purpose but to unnerve me and keep my mind occupied with thoughts that don't matter instead of on my lines or on the story. 

I wanted this part, but I also knew that if it be God's will that I play a different role, that would be the better option for me; when I prayed, I asked for it - but I also asked that His will be done, before any want or wish that I might have. If He did not want me to have this role, then I did not want it. I resolved that I would be enthusiastic and excited about whatever He wanted me to do this upcoming week, and that I would do my duty cheerfully and with a servant's heart. 

I still intend to comply with that conviction, with my whole heart. I want to work hard and learn everything I should, and help others learn what they can; I want to do what I can to make the Academy staff's jobs easier and help my fellow cast-members to memorize their lines and blocking and cues; I want to be the first to volunteer to help, with any job that needs done or any challenge that may arise.

Everyone in the cast is so supportive, and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to put on this drama. I'm so excited to be working with them. My best friend sent me two surprises in the mail - I'm wearing one of them right now - and they almost made me cry. Everyone is so kind, and I wish I could repay them all.

I can't say how excited I am to be a part of this, or how grateful I am to God for giving me this opportunity.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! ☺
    *grabs your hands and squeals in excitement.* I can't wait to see you be the fabulous Queen Esther outside that you already ate inside. You're going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You will make a wonderful personage of royalty as well, my Lady Zeresh! :D

      Delete
    2. Madeline (with a Q)February 12, 2017 at 1:21 PM

      I was unaware, Elisabeth, that you ate queen Esther... Is that why you played her so well?

      Delete
  2. You need to call me before the week begins.:)

    ReplyDelete