Friday, December 30, 2016

Sparks of Creativity (12/30/16)

Chase the ideas that challenge your creativity, chase the things and thoughts that tie your mind in strings and knots until you blurt out in frustration, "But that's impossible!!!" 
Any nonsense, any fantasy, any magic - and wonder to yourself aloud, "What if it could be possible?" 
Let your mind expand and explore all the possibilities; let your heart run rampant and fall in love with such paradoxes and parables as it pleases as you create the lives of other people and shape their lives into what you wish yours might have been... shape their actions into what you wish you would have done - or left undone.

And maybe - just maybe - you will discover what it is to have a world that's all your own. 

Write what terrifies you; write the most complicated and terrible of ideas into the simplest of words; paint a picture of the peace and prosperity you cherish and entertain thoughts of in your secret heart; go on adventures and copy every detail down as you go along so that others may enjoy and learn from your tales; write the things you dream of forgetting, but you know you cannot; write the memories that make you blush and laugh to think of, but treasure all the same.

Put the world into your own words.

Chase after growth. Challenge your mind. 


4 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful and relevant for me right now. I just got back from my really long break and as I start blogging again this is such great inspiration. I just wanted to let you know that I'm back, Elisabeth. :) I am excited to start reading your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you're back and that this post was an inspiration to you; I can't wait to read more of your masterpieces! :D

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS PIECE OF ADVICE. *reads it over and over* I love what you said especially about writing what terrifies you. SO TRUE. I find it so hard to do that, but I think I need to learn to do that. IT'S DIFFICULT.

    I love your blog! Your posts are really beautiful. <3 Can't wait to keep reading them!

    -autumn
    autumn's readings + writings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'm so glad you found it useful!
      Isn't it, though? Part of me loves writing what terrifies me, but the other part recognizes that there is a reason that it frightens me. ;)
      I'm definitely going to go check out your blog, too!
      God bless! :)

      Delete