Sunday, September 18, 2016

Recent Events (9/18/16)

Since it's been a little while since I've updated you all on any interesting happenings in my life... here's an update. ;)

For one thing, I have been working on a short story that I actually started in mid-August, but I had completely forgotten about it in everything else that was going on in my real life (anything I use the term "real life" for simply indicates that it was probably in my physical world instead of in writing or on the computer). For now, it's titled, "The Mysterious Trial of Ava Goodman", but for some reason I feel like I've read that title somewhere before. If I do find out that it (or something far too similar) has been used before, I'll change it to avoid plagiarism, but for now, it stays. This is one of mine that I hope to get published after it's finished (most of the tidbits I write are too short and/or too commonplace - anyone could write something like that). This one feels different, almost special - so maybe, just maybe, if I finish it and my family and friends that proof-read and review it for me all love it and offer constructive criticism, I will try to get it published. :)

I don't believe I ever posted pictures of different dollies I've made as presents for people, so I'll put them on this post. Most of the ones I've made are characters or based off of characters from movies. For instance, this tiny Frodo I made for my friend Tanner in February. :)


Didn't it turn out AWESOME?!? I love how his little elven-cloak hood pulls up and comes down again. The birthday card I wrote to go with him was one of my finest works. XD
(DISCLAIMER: Does not come with the Ring of Power.)

Didn't my little-girl version of Captain America for my friend Moriah turn out adorable? I decided, instead of shrinking the whole pattern like I did with Frodo (the original pattern made the Mary Margaret doll size), I would shrink the body and keep the same head for a chibi kind of look. I really liked how it worked out. :)


And here's a curly-pated little wanderer I made for my friend McKennaugh, which turned out to be a kind of in-the-middle doll, as far as sizes go (turned out to be right in between the Cap and Mary Margaret). I was super-excited to ship it to her for her birthday (we've never met in person because we live like 11 hours apart, but we hope to meet each other one day very soon). :)

And the Mary Margaret dolly (the doll in purple beside Captain America) was a present for my friend Mercy upon graduating. Yeah, I realize that it's a weird graduation present, but hey, your talents are your talents... ;)

I hope to blog more in the near future; I started blogging in the beginning for fun and to share my thoughts, but the more time that has passed I've felt more and more as if it were an obligation and not a wonderful privilege to put time into writing these mini-memoirs. Maybe I'll try some new things, spark new kinds of creativity, that sort of thing. I'm not sure yet. :)
_______________________________________________________________________

Signing off,

 

8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH THAT FRODO DOLL!! So so cute, I'm gonna have to learn to make things like that. It's been awhile since I've crocheted, time to get back on it.

    Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Crocheting is just a way to keep my hands busy (they constantly need something to do; Not sure if it's just anxiety kicking up, but it definitely helps for me). That's probably the reason I've kept at it for so long. :)
      You should! I'd love to see anything you make! :D

      Delete
  2. Aw, Elisabeth... They're ALL SO CUTE! I LOVE the Captain America one, especially. I think it turned out wonderfully!

    Haha, I was also just remarking at how there are three different comments from three different Eliz(s)abeth's here. XD XD Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      That is funny! I didn't even notice! XD

      Delete
  3. Nice job on those dolls! By the way, thanks for my hat! :D I hope to read more of your blog in the future :) I definitely know what you mean about how it can feel like an obligation. Just stay loose with it, and write/post whatever you want, even if it's not top notch.

    By the way, is hat a Of Beauty & Rage tee shirt, from the band RED!? I realllly like the band RED! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to put my name in that comment ha ha. Sorry!

      God bless,

      In Christ,
      Christopher Green

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm glad you like it and that it worked out! :D

      Yes, it is! I got it at Winter Jam last year! :D

      Delete
  4. Ya, I put a link to your blog, in on of my most recent posts, and your store in two of them! :)

    God bless,
    Christopher Green

    ReplyDelete