Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My Trip to Christine (8/10/16)

July 23-27, I visited Christine and met her in person for the first time and it was one of the most wonderful times of my life. I was a little afraid that it would be awkward at first because we've never met in person or done normal best friend things together, but it all felt so natural and normal that we got on right splendidly. 
(http://everythingisblogsome.blogspot.com/2016/07/elisabeth-visits-part-i-july-23-24.html)
Our moms took a lot of pictures, which we were extremely pleased about. 



In the car on the way home from the airport;  it was so surreal and strange that I was finally sitting right next to Christine and meeting Natalie! But, as I said, it also felt so natural and so comfortable, as if we've always done things of this sort and carried on conversations like this. On the way back to their house, we passed the Space Needle and I asked how tall it was: Natalie asked Siri and apparently it is 1,320 Milky Way candy bars high. XD



The next day (Sunday morning), we got ready for church and decided to flaunt our matching shawls. Somehow my mum didn't notice the lights behind our heads (or maybe thought it didn't matter), so we have "tongues of fire" over our heads in the church. XD



Moms' photoshoot before church; Levi really wanted to be in pictures, too. :D
(I think it funny that with the two pictures lined up like this, the background appears to be coinciding)

 After church, we picked up some ice cream (Christine, tell me if I mix up events from different days because certain as is sure, I will XD) and went home again, and then went to a playground. There was a cool bridge behind it over a river, and the view was gorgeous! Also a really cool train in the front that was out of use, but you could climb all over it. So obviously, we did. ;)


We all immediately headed for the spinny-circle-thing. I'm not good at spinning them myself, but they are SO much fun to spin on. XD

  
Here's the bridge!


If you are too old for swings... you are too old. - Lissie2016


And here we are on the train...

 We went to a nice little riverbed and the water was FRIGID! I still got in to my waist, though. ;)


I still love making flower crowns! This one was for Christine. :)


Christine is my best friend in the whole world, and I'm so grateful and blessed to have had the opportunity to meet her in person. She's like a long-lost sister that lives a really long way away that I won't get to see very often, but I'll remember her in my thoughts and prayers always. <3

Hopefully I will do another post soon about our second day and throw more pictures in. It was one of the most wonderful times of my life and I'll never forget it! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you two could meet! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, so am I! :D
      It was so very wonderful, and I can't wait to see her again someday. :)

      Delete