Friday, January 1, 2016

A New Year Begins... (1/1/15)

Wow... it's just crazy how fast 2015 flew by; I can't wrap my head around it. It seems like just yesterday we were at our friends' New Year's Eve party celebrating a new beginning, a new hope, for 2015. And yesterday, we were at our friends' New Year's Eve party, celebrating a new beginning and a new hope for 2016 (they've thrown a party both this year and last). 

I look back and I can see so many new memories made and tucked away in a cozy corner of my mind. There were still times I cried, and times I wished I could revert back to my childhood, but they are slowly being drowned out by the excitement I have for new places, new adventures to go on. There are so many people left to meet out there, so many people that need a friend; there are so many new opportunities, and new thrills in store. I don't doubt that there will be rough patches, and places where my feet get bogged down in the mud, or that there will be spots that will be hard to make it out of with my hope still intact. 
But I believe that God will keep my faith strong for whatever tests are ahead. I believe He will strengthen me, and when I cannot carry on, He will carry me through. Yes, I will be tested in the future; there is not a doubt in my mind about that. But that's what teaches us perseverance, right?


Consider it pure joy, my brother and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. - James 1:23 (NIV)


All that being said...



I can't wait for this year to really begin. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment