Thursday, October 15, 2015

Lately... (10/15/15)

Goodness... so much has happened in the last month or so, I'm not quite sure where to begin!

I guess I'll start it off this way.

Monday, September 7 (morning): I got my braces off. After 3 1/2 years, it was really nice to know that it's over. Well, at least until I get my wisdom teeth out (which he predicted would happen next summer).
UGH!
Anyhow, I'm really grateful that they're finally off and I don't have to brush in between the brackets anymore. :)
And that my teeth are straight, of course. ;)

Monday, September 7 (afternoon): We (Elijah and I) started public speech and debate class. It's pretty fun and meets on Mondays at 1:45. So far every paper I've written/speech I've given has been humorous. I probably need to get more serious next time. But this week, we didn't have a homework assignment, so huzzah! One less thing to worry about finishing. :)

Monday, September 7 (evening): We (Elijah, Allie, and I) started visiting Civil Air Patrol (CAP), a youth volunteer/cadet program for teens. So far it's been really cool and I've learned a lot, and so far my favorite night is Emergency Services (ES). I'm really grateful for the patience everyone is showing us as we try to learn everything quickly and correctly. I hope to join up soon! :D

Thursday, September ? (mornings): We (Allie and I) started babysitting at a church on Thursday mornings with a bunch of other girls (there are four rooms assigned to infants, toddlers, etc. and about four girls assigned to each room). I want to be the first to say that my kids are amazing (I'm in the Toddler room) and I have the greatest time playing with them for two hours every week... and getting PAID for it on top of that! Although I would definitely still do it even if I didn't get paid. My kids are the cutest. ;)

So that's what's been going on lately. How has your life been? What's one of the most interesting things that's happened lately in your life? I'd love to get comments from y'all!



6 comments:

  1. sounds like you're having a lot of fun! :)

    My life is incredibly busy. But I suppose the most interesting thing that's happened is a guy asked me out.... which is honestly weird to think about. haha

    Glad you're doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kidding! That's crazy (only because I can't imagine getting asked out, haha)!

      Delete
    2. IT IS SO STRANGE TO THINK ABOUT. i actually wrote a letter to myself at the beginning of august to read in a year from now and i actually made fun of myself about how i wouldn't be asked out or have anything to do with guys. and then it happened. and i'm still shocked the guy asked me. mainly because it's the guy i like. o.o

      Delete
    3. Wow! That's pretty crazy... like I said, I can't imagine a guy asking me out.
      What did your parents think? :)

      Delete
    4. Yes it is.
      They were very surprised. But they won't let me go. :/

      Delete
    5. Ah. Yeah, my parents wouldn't, either. :P

      Delete