Thursday, August 13, 2015

My Favorite Things (8/13/15)

Pretty Pink Typewriter <3:
Via Pinterest
These are a few of my favorite things...

Wearing a jacket and jeans on an autumn day... 
Chocolate covered raisins...
Holding kittens...
Stepping on crunchy leaves...
Phantom of the Opera music (particularly All I Ask of You)...
Drawing pictures of my favorite characters...
Acting scenes out in my bedroom...
Singing my thoughts aloud...
Reading books like Peter Pan and Pride and Prejudice, the Hobbit and Anne of Green Gables, books I grew up reading...
Re-watching Disney classics (especially Beauty and the Beast)...
Holding tiny babies in my arms and wondering at how perfect they are...
The moment when a baby wraps their fingers around my own...

Hot chocolate (going to try it with cinnamon next time!)...
Christmas caroling...
Camping out in a tent and listening to Dad telling the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf to the younger ones...
Screaming out the lyrics at a concert along with thousands of other people...
Laughing so hard my stomach hurts...
Talking on the phone with someone who gets me (and is as crazy as I am!)...
Bonfires...
Hayrides...
Headphones (no earbuds for this girl!)...
Getting caught in a wind spiral, especially when it blows my hair past my face...
Curling up into a blanket as tight as I can squeeze and humming to drown out the sounds...
Singing songs that have a personal message for me...
Spending time with people who accept me for who I am without trying to mold me into someone else... Looking at old pictures...
Crying over the sad parts in my favorite books...
When people care enough to tell me "Goodnight"...
Those moments that were so wonderful and special, you can't spoil it by telling anyone...

What are some of your favorite things? :)

6 comments:

  1. "These are a few of my favorite thingsss," that totally made me think of the Sound of Music. :D I mean, I love fall and all..but summer is pretty awesome. I love early fall, I don't like it when everything is brown and dead.. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of what I had in mind when I wrote this! :D
      I think autumn would be my favorite season, although I love them all. I love all the colors! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you check out my blog and please follow by email. creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    I hope you will enter my Bible or Scripture card giveaway! :)
    Love in Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have checked out your blog before, but I must have forgotten to follow. So now I'm following your posts with my Blogger account and I entered your giveaway. :D

      Delete
  3. You have such beautiful thoughts Elisabeth! I think you are a very beautiful person inside and out:-)

    ReplyDelete