Monday, August 3, 2015

MMC (8/3/15)



 writing prompt: spray to forgetMy eyes began to water as I stared at the bold label: SPRAY TO FORGET. SHAKE WELL. It had such a sense of finality to it... there was no going back from this moment. Swiping at the beads of perspiration on my forehead, I took another gulp of water; I always yawned and guzzled water whenever I was nervous. And right now, I was absolutely terrified. What if I did something wrong? If the plan went awry, there would be nothing anyone could do. The thought made me cringe.
The bottle uncapped in my fingers and the automatic way I set it upon the cracked table made me shudder. What was I doing? I couldn't let go of my life! I would never get it back! And who was to say Andre would get things right? Right then, I decided not to think about it too much; I would never finish my final task if I didn't. 
"Callie." There he stood in the doorway with his face such a dreadful pallor, I was surprised he was still conscious. "Why?"
"Because I'm the only one who can get us out."
"I'm not going to let you do this."
All of a sudden, my face was wet with tears. "You won't have a choice." His stricken gaze of terror smote my heart. "Andre, I love you."
My fingered pressed the nozzle.


Andre's mouth was dry. There she stood, the same girl who had been speaking to him so softly a moment before. The same tears were on her face, but the blank confusion in her eyes made the pain so, so much worse.
"Are you all right? Do - do I know you?"
He swallowed hard and turned away. "No. No, you don't."

291 words; I used the sentence and picture prompt. :)

5 comments:

  1. Sooo.... sad.....! :' '( ' ' ' ' '

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I comfort myself by saying that's not the ending. I haven't written it yet (the fact that I probably never will is irrelevant) ;)

      Delete