Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Book Girl, Part Two (7/21/15)

I hesitated, my fingers poised over the innocently folded notebook page. Would it be wrong to read it? What if she had left it for someone specific? But as I turned it over, the words on the back caught my eye. Read Me. Considering the strange personality who left it there, it was probably a subtle allusion to Alice in Wonderland. My curiosity got the better of me and I hastily opened the note.

Dear Stranger,  

You don't me and I don't know you. This leaves things hanging slightly askew, but hopefully I can change that fact and give you clues. Please keep in mind this isn't real, but is only meant to occupy your time and keep me amused.

Seriously? A rhyming note that would probably end up in a scavenger hunt? I sighed... and continued reading.

Vintage Alice in Wonderland Tea Party - Kara's Party Ideas - The Place for All Things Party

In this search you shall find,
If you seek, what I've left behind.
Not this note, of verse and rhyme
But something from immemorial time 
But first, if you are up to the task,
Find the tale of which I ask:
A pocket-watch, a girl in blue,
The queen with many hearts imbued.

-Bella Travers


P.S. Yeah, I know. The lines are really cheesy. Sorry about that.



 
Sure it was cheesy, but hey, it made me smile. The only thing was, the clue was way too easy. I flipped through the thick book, but my smug smile faded. Turning back to the table of contents to ascertain the fact, my confidence crumbled away and was immediately replaced with confusion.

That story wasn't in this book. Either she got things mixed up...
Or things were going to be harder than I had previously anticipated. 

The Book Girl, Part One
The Book Girl, Part Three

No comments:

Post a Comment