Saturday, June 13, 2015

MMC (6-8-15)



 Selena Winters. A small smile tugged the corners of his mouth. Was that the best alias she could conjure? Anyone that knew her in the past would see right through it by the cape she wore and the ribbon in her hair.

“Anything else I need to know?”

His head jerked up. “Sorry?”

“I was just asking if there was anything else I need to know about her. Any hobbies, favorite places, or things she enjoyed when she was younger.” The clean-shaven man behind the desk didn’t look anything like what he had expected of an assassin.

The young man shifted his backpack more comfortably on his shoulders. Hunter D’Arrow. He smiled again. He had needed an alias as well, but unlike her, he didn’t care if she recognized his name. “When she was younger, she liked making animals out of clay, especially birds. She had a blue canary and when it died, she was heartbroken. She kept saying her mother killed it.”

“Her mother?” The man hiding behind the desk raised his eyebrows.

“Excuse me; step-mother.”

“Anything else?”

Hunter D’Arrow shrugged his broad shoulders. “She loves singing and she’s got a nasty habit of running when people visit. She’s a bit... paranoid.”

“Judging by the fact that you’re trying to... what? Kidnap her? I’d say it’s fairly reasonable paranoia.” He smiled his cold smile. “Just one more question.”

“Shoot.” Well, there’s a bit of unintended irony.

“You seem strong enough. Why don’t you do it yourself?”

Hunter’s eyes flickered. “Already tried; no can do.”

“Well, that should be everything.” The man stood up and they shook hands. Hunter started to leave, but stopped on the way out.

“Oh, and another thing; as I’ve said, she’s crazy.”

“Yes?”

“She may or may not claim to be Snow White.”

298 words and I used the items prompt. You can enter Monday's Minute Challenge too at the Christ is Write blog. :)
Sorry for all the fairy-tale writing tidbits, I've been really into that lately. :P :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the twist you put on fairy tales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Elizabeth. I participate in MMC, too, and I wanted to let you know that this post is not linked to Tessa's blog. There were only two entries that were posted on her blog this week, so the contest has been extended for another week. If you already realized all that, I'm sorry for this unnecessary comment!
    By the way, I really like your writing snippets. You have a real talent:)
    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized I had forgotten to do that, but it was too late by then. I didn't know that! I'm so glad you told me! :D
      Thank you so much! I think I've read yours before and you're really good, too. :)

      Delete
    2. No problem! Happy I could help:) Thank you, too! I'm glad you enjoy them.

      Delete