Monday, May 18, 2015

My Birthday: Another Year

I wasn't really sure whether to do a post about my birthday, but I decided that since I did last year, I might as well. But no baby pictures! ;)

This little (or not-so-little) post will probably end up being just a lot more rambling, but if it's a heartfelt post you're looking for, then this will be the one you're looking for. ;)

Right now I'm listening to Brave by Moriah Peters and smiling as I think about the different things that have happened in the last year and smiling even more when I consider what will happen in the next year. In my mind's eye, I can see someone dancing with an air of freedom I can only dream of at this present time. But I'm starting to feel it in the little moments; when I run out into the wet grass and pouring skies and dance in the rain; or when I start singing the thoughts that are most in my heart when the words come pouring out of my soul. The feeling of being carefree and having no fear of being who I am. The fearlessness of showing my tattered heart on my sleeve. Because it's worth it. It's worth it to love with everything you have. It's worth it to let people through your protective shell. Even if it hurts sometimes and sometimes you're left with a another tear in the faded, beating heart.

And now is the moment when I stop, stare at the screen, and think... Where was I going with this? I had a point. (Big Hero 6 reference)

So now that I'm halfway to being 30, I am starting to get a little bit scared of something I have only limited control over. This is the big question: will I end up just like Aunt Cass?

"Should I have picked up a book on parenting?"


I can already see myself doing a lot of what she does in that movie. Slightly scary, slightly exhilarating.

 Haha the way Tadhasi awkwardly averts his eyes


  And now, all that being said, I've probably scared you all away and I'm probably just rambling on and looking like this. :P
 


I apologize.
I guess what I really wanted to say is that what I've learned most in the last year is to be myself and to stop trying to be someone else so that others will accept me. :)

It's my birthday; that's my only excuse for all this non-stop nonsense. Please humor me. ;)

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! :D I hope you have a lovely day, Elizabeth! Does it feel any different to be 15? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love this, Elisabeth!! You're such an amazing writer. You are also an amazing person, so you should just be proud to be who you are! I hope you know I consider you to be one of my best friends. :)

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm starting to get that way. ;)
      Likewise! I'm so glad you found my last birthday's post. :D

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Welcome to the 15 club!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty, kind-of-ish excited. :D

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday, Elisabeth!!! <3

    ReplyDelete