Saturday, April 4, 2015

Guest Post with Brooke Graham

Today we have with one of my good friends, Brooke Graham, with us. Thank you so much for putting the time into writing this, Brooke! (and make sure you check out her FB page, her earrings are really pretty!) :)

When I was asked to write this blog post, the first thought that came into my head was “Me? What? Why? I’m not an author, surely I can’t blog!” But as I continued to think about what I wanted to write, I was reminded-that’s just it. God does not call the equipped, but equips the called! So, here’s a little bit about when God called me.

I am only sixteen now, but when I was eleven, I started making earrings. Because I was (and still am!) a little entrepreneur, I immediately thought of the basic idea to sell these hand-made earrings and give the money to my local crisis pregnancy center, which helps young woman experiencing unplanned pregnancies. I began by selling a couple pairs to my family—it was not much, but it was something, and I praised God for each dollar raised. After promoting my ministry, Earrings for Life, through my church, I was able to raise about $100 in the first year, and I remember being absolutely thrilled!!

The thing about God using people, is that it is not something you can really sign up for. I did not come to God in deep prayer, asking if He could light a bush on fire to show me exactly what He wanted from me. Yea, that would have been cool, and I do not doubt that He could do that, but all it took was a simple commitment. I agreed to put my energy into this, I devoted my time to this, and I stepped back and let Him take control.

I chose to raise money for crisis pregnancy centers because it is an organization that is very close to my heart. Young women and couples choosing to kill their child just because it was not their plan hurts me. These sweet little children had so much promise and future…but their mother decided to do what was most convenient for her. The awesome thing about the centers I donate to is that not only do they come along side young mothers-to-be and encourage them to save their child’s life, but they also provide counseling, parenting classes, and financial aid.

To be honest, I would have never been able to dream about all of the things God has done through me. Fast forward almost five years from that day I started selling earrings, and I am still blown away. So far, God has used me to raise over $3,000 just by selling earrings for $5 per pair! I have gotten the amazing opportunity to speak at small meetings, large gatherings, and churches. Gratefully, I have been featured on a website where over seven thousand readers were able to learn about Earrings for Life! AND now I am being asked to write blogs, which is pretty crazy and so humbling!

Running a business is not always fun, and sometimes I don’t feel like making earrings or replying to business emails. But in those times, 1 Corinthians 15:58 encourages me: “Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” Be strong, young Christians! If you are devoting your life to His service, it can be wearying, uncomfortable, and inconvenient at times!! I just want to encourage you that it is NOT in vain, and there is no One more worthy of sacrificing your life for! Stand firm and persevere!

Huge thank you to Elisabeth for letting me share my experience!! If you would like to support EFL, you can pray for the ministry, buy earrings, or send supplies! Check out the Earrings for Life Facebook page or email me at earringsforlife@gmail.com Thank you for reading and God Bless!!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! Thank you so much for doing what you do. I will definitely check out your products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God does not call the equipped, but equips the called!" So true! Thanks for sharing your story, Elisabeth.

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's not my story, it's Brooke's. :)
      And thanks for commenting! It makes me day. :D

      Delete
  3. I love that post it is really cool. Can you follow my blog. I would like that:) here is the link; http://www.libertiesgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete