Sunday, February 22, 2015

MMC (2/16/15)

...So this is kind of morbid. OK, a lot morbid. :P
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!



 Was what I desired most really worth what it would cost me? The question echoed in my mind as I closed my eyes and waited for the inevitable. She said it would cost me; I nonchalantly replied that I didn’t care. I would take the outcome like the healer that I was. She passed her hand over my forehead, spoke a few strange words, and was gone. Things would change any moment now.
I opened my eyes, but it was as if they were still closed. It made no difference how many times I blinked and looked for the sunshine. I couldn’t see anything. There was no reason to be worried, though. Yes, it was baffling… but I had never felt so safe. Surely nothing could hurt me here, no matter how frightening it seemed. Nothing could ever hurt me… and there was no one that meant me ill will. Anywhere.
Suddenly I woke from what seemed to be a dream to see my friends lying on the ground around me. A happy cry escaped me, but it died away in my my mouth. They were dead. They were gone. All of them. So much blood...   
A half-scream, half-sob escaped my lips and I wrenched my gaze away from the sight. So much despair running rampid amidst the chaotic ruin of this nightmare. I wept into my wrist and the tears dropped onto the back of my hand singly. Who could have brought such pain upon the people I loved most?
Suddenly I couldn’t bear the thought of looking at my hands.

262 words, I used the sentence prompt. :)

Christ is Write 


11 comments:

  1. this is sad period really sad period period sorry but it is sad period period period good writing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's funny, GeeTar. I read that in your voice. And I totally caught all of the apathy and sarcasm. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow... That was morbid... Yet.. It was amazing!! P.S. I wouldn't have had the guts to actually pin that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (I almost didn't, but it fit so well!) ;)
      It's actually a LOT easier for me to write morbid stories. Not quite sure why. :P

      Delete
    2. Here is the website I mentioned to you. www.theacademyofarts.org

      Delete
  3. That was really good....but yes, pretty morbid. Good job, though!
    *decides to put type a row of smiley faces to make everyone feel better*
    :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D ;);););) :) :) :D :D (: (: :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! I removed the evil, morbid picture from this blog post. You are welcome, world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The LumberJack and CompanyMarch 4, 2015 at 8:12 PM

    The Lord has answered our prayers, all is right with the world! Hallelujah AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that comment. XD

      Delete