Monday, January 26, 2015

MMC (1/26/14)

This is an exercise for writers block that I love doing: Take this picture and write a metaphor, a poem, sentence, paragraph or story about it.
Silence. I couldn’t even feel my heart beating because it wasn’t. It was still frozen with shock. I stumbled around on the roof-top, disoriented; still couldn’t hear the constant New York traffic; everything was blurry. Why didn’t they put railing on the sides? Maybe because no one was supposed to be up here.
My feet stumbled and I fell on my stomach close to the edge. With childish terror, I scrambled away on my hands and knees. Something was wrong. I felt dizzy and sick. My stomach was churning. The ground kept rocking under my feet and I couldn’t stand up without falling. What was wrong with me?
“‘Sup?” the voice came from the only way off the building. Swiveling my head in his direction, I already knew who it was. And that was the worst part.
“What are you doing here?” I said. At least I tried to say. The words came out all wrong.
“I’d tell you, homey, but I think it would mess things up a bit.” he walked closer, his swagger as arrogant and annoying as usual. Leaning down, he flashed his way-too-white-to-be-real smile.
“So, like, I’m not going to tell you my plan because that’s what the stupid people do. Whenever you tell them how it works, they survive.” How did I ever think he was a good guy?
“I’ll just give you a hint: whatever happens to you, it’s probably my fault.”
Poisoned. I’ve been poisoned.
Another revelation hit me just as he closed the door, locking it behind him.
I am going to die.

It was either a horrible way to end a good story, or else a terrific way to begin a nightmare. I tapped my pencil on the table thoughtfully. A smile quirked the corners of my mouth.
Definitely the latter.


300 words, I used the phrase prompt and a picture I found on Pinterest. :)

Christ is Write

10 comments:

  1. This is terrifying! I would say I liked it, but I would be lying... I love it! Sounds like something I would write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I take that as a compliment of highest regard. ;)

      Delete
    2. You flatter myself. 'bows' :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a lot of fun writing it. :)
      (Thanks for visiting my blog, btw) :)

      Delete