Tuesday, December 23, 2014

MMC (12/23/14)


Blank pages, begging to be filled with all sorts of stories and fables. Anything my heart desired. I had finally found my life book, nearly half full already. Was I going to die young? Why was it so full? I shrugged it off, trying to stay on the same note of glee I had felt when I found it. I was the fifth person to ever find their life book. That’s exciting! I squirmed on my stomach and stretched my legs. Too bad this was the only place I could get any privacy. Let’s see… what’s something I’ve always wanted to do? Travel to Gigasoet? Nah. Already done that. Catch a wish? Maybe... I needed to think about it.
As I considered different possibilities, I glanced at the book. The page I had opened it to was the time when I had tried to climb the tallest tree around to impress Aaron. Cheeks flaming, I flipped to the next page. How embarrassing. Especially since I didn’t fall until he was underneath me. My hands trembled slightly as I turned to the last written page; words were quickly appearing as I watched. My face paled to the same tint as the pages. Maybe if I wrote what I wanted to do, it would happen. That’s what the rumor was, anyway.
I hesitated, pencil poised over the little book. Why were the words coming so quickly? Wait… with less than half the book left and the words spilling out so fast, the book would be finished in a month! Cold fear snaked its way into my heart. Was I going to die?
Should I erase some of the early pages? It would take away pieces of my past! But… maybe it was the only way to keep surviving.

8 comments:

  1. But what happens next!? Are you going to write another one??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I'll just leave you guys a cliff-hanger. ;)
      I might write another one. :)

      Delete
  2. That totally needs to be a series!!!! You should just write a short/ longish story from that excerpt. That could be the suspense part at the beginning, and then the character goes and explains how we got to that point, then we go to the climax and resolution and all that.... Please write some more of this!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe... I'll think about it. If I have time, being hard at work on the first draft of my novel. ;)

      Delete
  3. It seems that almost all MMC entries end on cliffhangers. ;) I know everybody's demanding a sequel for mine this week.
    Lovely job, Elisabeth. I love the original idea of people's lives being written in a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I really enjoy writing writing cliff-hangers (that make people want to kill me for a sequel) *clears throat nervously* ;)

      Delete