Sunday, September 21, 2014

Safe (9/21/14)

Safe
The way I feel holding your hand
Safe
The way I am, looking at your footprints in the sand
Safe
The times when you look at me and I know you still love me
Safe
Even when I can't always see
Safe
The carefree summer days, spent in joy and laughter
Safe
With more than one dream to chase after
Safe
When life was more than a mere fight to survive
Safe
With many things to do and plenty of time
Safe
As I see you hold back tears, I want to cry with you
Safe
With so many awful fears, I wish I could comfort you
Safe
At times when I no longer take safety for granted
Safe
At times when I look upon the love that we planted

What is safe? Is anything really safe? Or did we conceive the idea in hopes that one day it might possibly be true?
Will I ever really be safe?

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Elisabeth, if you wrote that, I am extremely impressed. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was in a gloomy mood, and for some reason, I always write better when I feel that way. :)

      Delete