Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Today: Of Cake and Cheers

Today we started getting things ready for Josiah's birthday. It seems crazy that in less than a week, he will be 3! Wow!
So today we spent 4 1/2 hours (possibly more) making fondant, coloring fondant, molding/shaping fondant, and making it into little creatures. Oops, did I say little? I meant to say, "Great, hulking, afraid-it-will-fall-over creatures".

Here's the dinosaur, which will be the one actually going on his cake. It's bigger than it looks.

This is the little (Ugh, I am way too used to saying that word!) giraffe Mom made for my aunt's baby shower cake. Isn't it adorable?!


My mom is really good at his kind of thing. Not so much for me. :)
I'm much better making clay people, like these little (yes, they really are) guys.



Josiah had fun with the little bits of fondant left. :)


10 comments:

  1. So cute! Happy birthday, Josiah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, isn't he just? The only problem now is that he wants the dinosaur. Like, NOW. ;)

      Delete
  2. How cute! Your Mom and you did a really great job! Happy Birthday to your little brother! :)
    ~Sarah Margaret♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Although I didn't really do much. :)
      I'll tell him you said 'happy birthday!'. He'll probably just look at me like, "_Who_ said happy birthday?" lol

      Delete
    2. Hahaa, I have to say, I would be like that too.. ;) Hahaa! :D

      Delete
  3. You have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award over at my blog! By the way, I am working on that Liebster Award but it might take a while since right now is super busy. :)

    HP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same here about it taking a little while. :)

      Delete
    2. You are welcome and that is fine. :)

      HP

      Delete
  4. Josiah is so cute! I want a three year old sibling! I love the fondant and clay figures. Do I spy Legolas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lol, yes that is Legolas. Two friends bought Legolas figures; one was sitting, one was standing. I've made a better one since then and a Bilbo, I just don't have good pictures yet. :)

      Delete