Thursday, August 28, 2014

Someday (8/28/14)

Some days I feel like I just can't wait to be a mother, though those days are few and far between.

Did you smile at that statement? Did it seem strange that a 14-year-old homeschooled girl from a relatively small town, who is abnormally protected from the horrors of the world, can't wait to be a mother?

Strange it may be, but true nonetheless.

I have a hazy image in my head of the home I will one day be keeping. It's probably all wrong and it is what I have come to see as a dream.

Let me allow you a small glimpse into my little haven...

There is a young woman, sitting on the floor; not exceptionally pretty or smart, but a loving wife and caring mother. By her side is a small child, who keeps entertained by playing with her little brother, who rolls over as best he can.
The walls of the small room are a soft yellow, and the glance you get at this happy scene is through an open doorway, through which a young man (whose features I cannot tell) enters the pretty picture. The eyes of the little girl light up when she sees Daddy is home, and the young woman smiles and stands up to welcome her husband home. Even the baby coos when Daddy lifts him up in his strong arms.
The house is small, and of few possessions; there is little there in the way of worldly entertainment or extravagant d├ęcor. It is very simple and would be considered plain, perhaps even ugly, had it not been for the loving, gentle touches bestowed upon its frame by the tender inhabitants.
It is somewhere in the countryside, where there are few neighbors and even fewer friends, but the latter come and go at will, for the hospitable family welcomes them happily, eager to talk of old times and happy days.
The most crucial part of this home, the pillar upon which all their lives rest, is that God is proudly proclaimed as LORD and praised throughout the years.

Did you smile at the story? Did it seem too much like a story-tale to actually come into occurrence? It undoubtedly seems silly and childish, yet that is my dream. To be a loving wife and caring mother, that is my dream. To do the will of God, wherever that path may lead. Yes! Let whatever come, may that ever be my dream! 


Some days I feel like I just can't wait to be a mother, though those days are few and far between...

7 comments:

  1. I loved your story and can relate so much!! :) Except for the fact that I'm twelve.... ;)

    BTW, thx for nominating me to do the Ice Bucket Challenge!! Can't wait to do it!!! ;D

    TW Wright
    ravensandwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um....you have had a birthday this year, you are 13. Or have you forgotten? lol

      Delete
    2. Very funny Mary! Yes i forgot lol

      Delete
  2. I can relate :D
    -Mary S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you wrote that it was so beautifully written. :-D I can totally relate to that feeling, sometimes I think that I want to be a mother and wife more than most girls my age. (I am 14 too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had no idea so many other girls feel like this at times! :D

      Delete