Tuesday, August 26, 2014

MMC (8/26/14)

christiswrite.blogspot.com
I felt like doing Monday's Minute Challenge again. :)
Hope y'all enjoy!



“This one,” he pointed at the young girl in the photo.
“Are you sure?” I inquired. Making a mistake could be disastrous.
Johnson nodded; he wasn’t like my usual customers, who were scared silly or desperate with rage. All I sensed was indifference, like it didn’t matter whether I got the job done. He could always hire a replacement.
“Name?”
“Chelsea Warren. She likes playing piano and her favorite flowers are roses.”
I glanced at him. He wasn’t joking.
“Age?”
He slid something small from his pocket and fingered it before answering. “19.”
“Any details you could give me would be helpful.” I added, curious as to whether they were well-known to each other.
“She owns a business, selling her paintings online.” He replied smoothly. “It’s one of her many passions, including music, writing, and making jewelry. She’s good at almost everything she does, but only enjoys half of it.”
“Residence?”
“Small-town Iowa with her golden retriever, Lily, which she received as a gift when she was 14; she also owns a kitten called Sweetie or Sweetheart that she saved from certain death two weeks ago.”
I shuffled uncomfortably. Sometimes knowing everything about a target makes you wonder about going through with it all.
"Her most prized possession is a turquoise and jade necklace that her mother gave to her before dying in questionable circumstances.” He added shortly.
“Greatest fear or weakness?”
He continued to study the object in his hands. “She’s terrified that she’ll lose her loved ones like she lost her mother, and she’s afraid of myself, though she doesn’t know my name belongs to me.”
~
As he walked out the door, he tossed me the object he had been playing with as we spoke. What I saw sent chills down my spine.
я удастся

297 words, I used the items prompt.  :) 

8 comments:

  1. Nice job!!!!
    -Mary and Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, Elisabeth! It's nice to have you participating again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      I hope to participate more often in the future. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm. Interesting. Great stuff!
    I might have to participate in that challenge some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's really fun! It helps me get my 'creative juices' flowing. ;)

      Delete