Wednesday, April 2, 2014

MMC (3/31/14)

I'm continuing mine from two weeks ago. :)

"You get her?"
"Yep, she's in the trunk."
The raucous laughter that floated in through the vent beside me made me tremble with rage. How could they talk like that? How could they just throw her in the trunk as if she were no more than some trinket ordered off the internet?!
I shook my head sadly, remembering I used to be one of them. I used to aid them in their monstrosity. How could I be so evil? How did I get this way?
"Luke, you are more than this! You are better than this!" 
"No I'm not. I wish I was, but I'm not."
"God knows the plans he has for you. Plans for you to prosper and not harm you."
I rolled my eyes, wishing she would just stop with all the religious mumbo-jumbo. If God is good, why would he let both my parents get killed in that horrible accident? Their faces, which were distorted almost beyond recognition flashed into my mind making me reel. 
"Why would God cause me so much pain if he is good?" I demanded. "He wouldn't. So either God isn't good, or God isn't real. Take your pick." I started to storm away, lost in my pain and hurt.
I could feel Rachael hurting for me. I couldn't help but turn around and look at her. Running up with tears streaming down her face, she wrapped me in a hug. I couldn't hold back the sobs.
Brushing off the memories, I peered through squinted tearing eyes at Jim and Travis. They were about to drive off! In a blind panic I rushed out into the open and I realized my fool-proof plan was not so fool-proof.
How could it be when I didn't have a plan in the first place?

6 comments: