Tuesday, March 11, 2014

You’re an Ultimate LOTR Fan If…




  1. You can write your name in Elvish
  2. You’ve memorized the poem about Aragorn (all that is gold does not glitter, etc.)
  3. You can recite Aragorn’s speech by memory (Phew! Not happening anytime soon for me :P)
  4. You can name all of the people that attended the Council of Elrond
  5. You know what, ‘Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazgthrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul’ means (Hint: it’s in the language of Mordor)
  6. You know Gollum’s previous name (easy-peasy! :)
  7. You know how old Frodo really was when he left the Shire

I will be posting more of these, but I couldn't think of any more at the present time. :)

4 comments:

  1. Um, let me guess at #5 (I have the worst memory ever so there is a chance I get it wrong) but I think it is the writing on the ring which say, One Ring to find them, One Ring to rule them and in darkness bind them. Am I right?
    As I said my memory is real bad so I don't know any of them really except Gollum's real name was Smegal and I have written my name in elvish before.
    I am going to guess on how old Frodo was. :-) If you go by movie he was 21, but if you go by book he was older than that. Because he didn't leave the shire for another 50 years (I think it was 50 years) after His and Bilbo's birthday so he was probably about 71. :-) How did I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are VERY close. :) It says 'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
      One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them', so basically you just switched it around. :)
      Gollum's name was Smeagol (which you got right) and Frodo left the Shire when he was 50, because he waited 17 years after his 33 birthday. :)
      Don't worry, I only know 4/8 of the questions above. :)

      Delete
    2. Argh! I was so close!
      I should of know that Frodo was 50. Wasn't that about how old Bilbo was when he left the shire?
      Humph, you would think that I would know it since my older sister Rebekah (I call her Beck) quotes it at night to scare some of our little sisters. :-)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that's how old Bilbo was when he went on the the quest with Thorin to the Misty Mountains. :)
      That's really funny that your sister quotes that at night. Yeah, I would probably kind of creeped out about it, lol. :)

      Delete