Friday, March 7, 2014

Patience and Humility

How would you describe patience? Take a minute to think about it. I think it means not yelling at your little brother, who is, by the way, being a pest. Or maybe you don't interrupt your mom when she's been on the phone with her friend for an hour or more; or maybe you wait until Christmas to get your stuff, instead of peaking into the boxes and bags your grandma put up into her attic. I've been there before, but it was when I was 8 and the package was partly open. You could kind of tell what was inside, but that still doesn't excuse me for peaking. Anyway, it all worked out, because the present wasn't for me after all; it was for Anna. :P
Now, how would you describe humility? Take a minute to think about it. Being humble is the opposite of being proud and arrogant, so I think that having humility means you have a higher opinion of others than you have of yourself. You don't act stuck up or snobbish. You put others before yourself.
Now, I have a problem with these 2 virtues. I tend to get too stressed out over little things, and I don't want to wait for like ANYTHING. I like to show off things I make, and I like to be on stage. I'm not sure about the last one, but I know I don't need to try to make people like me because (my grandma thinks) I'm good at crocheting and making little people out of clay.
I don't know what you have problems with (if you have any :D), but I do know that God is there to help you learn to get through it. I think my worst problems are impatience, pride, I am easily stressed (is that a problem? Yes, it is, because God says in His Word that we are not to worry) and I am inwardly rebellious at times.


Yep, you're right, This is another abnormal post. But that can be a good thing, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment