Sunday, March 16, 2014

Candles

Whenever I see a candle, I think of You. I don't quite know why. Maybe it's because candles remind me of times from long ago with its soft glow. Times of joy and peace and laughter, when there was always a song in the air.

I think of funky house-shoes and journals and gluten-free cookie crumbs. I think of mission trips and children running around and laughing. I think of the difficult trees to climb and the triumph we eventually feel when we reach the top. The wind blowing through my hair and gently brushing against my face; the seemingly eternal quiet that is only broken by the shrilly trilling of the birds; the love that fills my heart that will never be extinguished; your face, which is a blank imprint now will be revealed and be cherished forever.

This is what I think of and reflect on when I see a candle. It makes me think of You.

3 comments: